Saturday, August 20, 2022

Trust with all my heart

S - Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.

O - This proverb like all of them are simple and true but can be at times hard to walk in.  The first step in this proverb is to trust in the Lord with ALL my heart.  I know God is worthy of my trust but having placed most of my trust in myself it is a hard habit to break, that is why the second part is so neccessary that I would not lean on my own understanding when making plans or decisions.  The Lord knows when I act by myself I am fallible to making mistakes in judgement.  These mistakes have led me into the circumstances I now find myself, and the way out is not by my own understanding but through trust in the Lord and His directions for me.  I am to submit to him all things and decisions I will now make in order that He will make my paths straight.

A -  The application for me is shift my mode of operation from self centered to God centered.  I must face the daily decisions with God first.  I must renew my committment to trust the Lord with all my heart and then to suspend my actions based on only my understanding.  I am to use my devotional and quiet prayer time to submit to the Lord all my ways and listen for his judgement on the correct path for me to take. 

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray you would help me trust you with all my heart and stop leaning on my own understanding.  Help me to pause and submit my plans to you and wait for your word and guidance on which ways to go.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment