Thursday, August 4, 2022

Believe in Jesus

​S-John 6:26-29 NIV

26 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. 27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”

28 Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”

29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

O- The disciples after witnessing Jesus feed the 5000 were seeking to know what the lesson was.  Jesus instructed them to work for food that was from God.  He instructs them to do the work of God which is to believe in Jesus who God has sent.  This was a lesson to the disciples of what is most important.   The food was not something to be earned and bought but rather faith to believe and follow Jesus. 

A -  The application for me is to try and accept this revolutionary concept of putting my faith in believing in Jesus whom God sent to save us (me).   I may have physical wants and needs but my spiritual needs trumps all and thus I must have a good relationship with Jesus in order to thrive in this world.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you strengthen my faith and following your Son.  I pray you help my unbelief become belief in Jesus.  Jesus help me to follow you in all that I do.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment