Thursday, August 25, 2022

Walk in love

​S-2 John 1:5-6 Niv

And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

O- John's exhortation is for us to follow God's command in obedience by loving one another.  There is such truth in this verse but yet we can get distracted by the circumstances in our lives and forget just simply to love one another through all circumstances.   

A - The application for me is to make sure I am not me centric and that I put my focus on loving others first.   When I get focused on all the things that are not going great it can drive my focus inward instead of following the Lord's command her to walk in love.

P- Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you would help me humble myself and focus on others and not just my problems.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment