Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Son of God's testimony

​S-John 5:24-27 NIV

24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal lifeand will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. 25 Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

O- These are Jesus' words to the Jewish leaders who were upset that he was healing on the sabbath and that he was calling himself the son of God.  They were doubters mixed amongst the people so Jesus' testified as to who He truly was and for what purpose He was sent.  He was sent to rescue His people from their sins and give them eternal life in Heaven with God the Father.  He testified that all will be given a chance to hear from Jesus,  this includes those who have already died.  

A - The application for me is to hear and belief that Jesus is my Lord and savior and proclaim that I belong to Him.  I am to hear all the words of Jesus as proclaimed in the gospel books in the bible and believe in Him about whom they are written.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  Jesus I belong to you and accept your grace and salvation.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment