Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Free to not sin

 S- 1 John 5:18-20 NIV

18 We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. 20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

O - John here speaks to all the ways Jesus is the truth and life.   Those who place Jesus Christ as their savior do not continue to sin and are kept safe from the evil one.  We know the evil one exists in the world as a liar and thief but with Christ we are delivered from Satans traps.    We also know that Jesus came and gave us  understanding so we can know His truth that God is the one true God and we are in Him as we are in Christ.

A -  The application for me is to affirm that I am Christ follower and He is in me, therefore I have been freed from sin.  I am no longer bound in my flesh by my past sins, they have been washed away by the blood of Jesus.   I know now the devil is real and out to get me to abandon my belief in Christ,  but I know the knowledge of Christ is made possible by God and that the truth that He is our one true God and we are in Him.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  Lord I pray that you continue to help me be free from the bondage of sin.  Give me the heart and mind to choose thosee thing that honors you and reject those things that seperates me from you.  I pray this all in Jesus Christ name,  Amen,

No comments:

Post a Comment