Monday, August 22, 2022

God's good plans for us

 S - Jer 29:10-13 NIV

10 This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

O - Verse 11 is a well known verse that is commonly recited but verse 11 provides context while verse 12-13 provides guidance on how to walk in the truth.  The context of the promise of good plans, plans for a future and a hope was the people had been exiled to Bablyon for 70 years and the Lord was getting ready to restore them back to the promised land.  The Lord had the plans already set and he offers up these promises in verse 12, 13 that when the people call on Him, He will listen to them and secondly if they will seek the Lord with all their heart they will find Him.  

A - The application for me is to recognize that God has a plan for me and my family.  That though we are walking through a valley season,  God has good plans for us, plans for a future and a hope. I must follow the example here and call on the name of the Lord and pray to Him and He will listen.  I am to seek the Lord out with all my heart and not lean on my own understanding.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord for wisdom and guidance on how to proceed in the troubled area's of my life : work, finances, and my own beliefs of condemnation versus grace.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment