Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Blessed are those that fear the Lord

​S-psalm 112:1-4 NIV

Praise the Lord.[b]

Blessed are those who fear the Lord,
    who find great delight in his commands.

Their children will be mighty in the land;
    the generation of the upright will be blessed.
Wealth and riches are in their houses,
    and their righteousness enduresforever.
Even in darkness light dawns for the upright,
    for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous.

O-  This psalm highlights the character of those God blesses.  He blesses those that have a reverant fear of Him and who find great joy in following His commands.  The psalm goes on to highlight the fruit of those who are blessed: their children will be blessed and walk in His ways.  They will live abundant lives, even in dark times they will find light in the Lord and will be gracious, compassionate and righteous in their walks with the Lord.  

A-The application for me is to take note of whom the Lord blesses and fear the Lord reverently for He is a mighty God, full of love and grace for those that delight in His commands.  I am to steward the gifts and provision that God provides, his good and ample provision.  I am to raise my children up in the way they should go and help them be successful and blessed in this land that we live.  In dark times I am to seek to be gracious in my dealings with other people, compassionate for those around me who are struggling and righeous in my actions.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you help me to live a life of reverent fear of you and obey your commands with joy. Help me to be gracious, compassionate and righteous in all that I do.  I pray these all in Jesus Christ name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment