Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Faith in Christ

 S - John 11:25-27 NIV

25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

27 “Yes, Lord,” she replied, “I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

O - This is a conversation between Martha sister of Lazarus and Jesus.  Martha was wondering why Jesus didn't save Lazarus from death and Jesus answered her that her brother would rise again.   Then Jesus proclaims he is the resurrection and the life and that one simply needs to believe in Him and they will live, and whoever believes and lives will never die.  

A - The application for me is to have faith like Martha and believe Jesus is the Messiah, the son of God who came into the world to save us.  Though I have sinned and fallen short,  Jesus came to die for my sins and to give me eternal life if I would only repent and surrender myself to Him. 

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray to have the faith of Martha and believe you are the Messiah.  I pray you help my unbelief and doubts and help me to put my whole faith in you.  I pray this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment