Thursday, August 11, 2022

Believe in Christ and God

​S-John 13:19-20 NIV

19 “I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am who I am. 20 Very truly I tell you, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me.”

O-  Jesus is preparing His disciples for what is coming so that when it does happen they will believe in Him,  the one true son of God.   For those who accept that Jesus is who he says he is also accepts God the Father.  This was the point for the disciples and for us today, that Jesus is the Son of God, sent to save those called to Him, that through his sacrifice would be restored in relationship God and sins would be forgiven.  

A - The application for me is to receive this message for me today that I would believe that Jesus is the Son of God and came from heaven to die for our (my) sins.  That I would believe in Jesus and God who sent Him.    

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for this devotion today ,  may it be sealed to my heart. Lord I pray that you help increase my faith and belief in all that you are.  Help my faith to believe in all that you are and not something less.   I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment