Thursday, August 18, 2022

Belief in Christ

​S-John 20:26-29 NIV

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

O-This is the second time Jesus appeared to the disciples, thought the first time Thomas wasn't there.  We can imagine the other disciples and Mary testified to Thomas and other that the resurrected Lord had appeared to them but Thomas did not believe until he saw it with his own eyes.   Thankfully Jesus points out the eternal truth that blessed are those who believe in the risen Christ even though they have not seen Him.  
A - The application for me is to recognize that my faith in Christ is not dependent on me having seen Him, but rather on the relationship that I am allowed to have with Him since I accepted him as my Lord and Savior.    Christ dwells in me and the Holy Spirit speaks to me so that my faith in Him would be strengthened.  
P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  Lord I pray that my relationship with you would be strengthened and deepend.  I pray all this in Jesus Chirst name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment