Tuesday, August 30, 2022

A new heart and spirit in me

 S - Ezekial 11:18-21 NIV
18 “They will return to it and remove all its vile images and detestable idols. 19 I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. 20 Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God. 21 But as for those whose hearts are devoted to their vile images and detestable idols, I will bring down on their own heads what they have done, declares the Sovereign Lord.”

O - Ezekiel's prophesy to the people of Israel stood as a warning and a dividing line.   The line was those who repented and turned from worship of vile images and detestable idols and those who did not.  For those that turn and repent god would give them and undivided heart and new spirit;  removing the heart of stone and giving a heart of flesh.  This changed heart will allow the people to follow God and His laws.  For those who don't have a changed heart they will receive the consequence of separation from God for worshiping vile images and detestable idols.

A - The application for me is to repent and turn away from the idols in my life.  Idols like finances, occupation, t.v.  I must strive to turn from these idols and turn towards God seeking him in all ways I am to go.  I must give him my undivided heart and turn my hardened heart to a soften one of flesh.   I desire to have a renewed heart and mind and to follow all that God has shown me in his word and through his spirit in me.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for your lesson today may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you help me rid myself of the idols I have in my heart.  I pray for strength and wisdom to follow the laws you have written in my heart.   I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment