Friday, August 26, 2022

Follow the good example

​S- 3John 1:11 Niv

11 Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.

O- Paul here exhorts a friend of his on how to live out his days.  He says we are to imitate what we want to be and to not imitate what we don't want to be.  We are to look around us and to see what are those things that re from God and imitate them and what things are evil and not from God and avoid them.  

A - The application for me is to search my surroundings and take note of the things from God for these are the things I am to imitate.  I can find examples in people I admire who are living a Christ driven life. I am also to take note of those that are following evil and take the example of what not to imitate.  

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you would show me the good I am to follow and warn me of the evil that I may be tempted to follow. I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment