Saturday, August 13, 2022

Repent and speak words that a worthy

 S - Jermiah 15:19-21 NIV

19 Therefore this is what the Lord says:

“If you repent, I will restore you
    that you may serve me;
if you utter worthy, not worthless, words,
    you will be my spokesman.
Let this people turn to you,
    but you must not turn to them.20 I will make you a wall to this people,
    a fortified wall of bronze;
they will fight against you
    but will not overcome you,
for I am with you
    to rescue and save you,”
declares the Lord.21 “I will save you from the hands of the wicked
    and deliver you from the grasp of the cruel.”


O- These words are from God to Jeremiah as he prophesies.  he will likely get a great deal of push back from the people as they had wandered far from the Lord and would take offense to all that God held against them.   God commands Jeremiah to repent and utter worthy words and God will use him a strong wall which the people may push up against but will not break down.  The Lord promises to rescue and save him from the hand of the wicked and grasp of the cruel.

A - The application for me is to recognize while I am no Jeremiah,  I face similar options in my relationship with the Lord.    I must repent and utter words that are worthy in order for God to be my great defender.   All though I am not a prophet I face similar challenges that Jeremiah did must stand tall and trust the Lord and all that He has revealed to me.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you see in me a repentant heart and that you would help guide the words I speak to be worthy of you. I pray all this in Jesus namen, Amen 



No comments:

Post a Comment