Friday, August 12, 2022

One with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit

​s-John 14:1-4 20-21 NIV

Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”

20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

O-  Jesus was preparing his disciples for what was to come (his crucifiction and resurrection).  After being with the disciples for a couple of years,  He knew that his leaving them to go to heaven was still a tough pill to swallow.  He exhorts them to believe in Him and believe in God and lets them know His house in Heaven he goes before them to prepare one of the many rooms for them in the Kingdom of Heaven.  He tells them despite me leaving, He will come back for each of them so that they could spend eternity beside the savior in heaven.    In verses 20-21 Jesus reveals the relationships between Him and the Father (I am in my Father) and His relationship with His disciples (you are in me and I am in you).  Then he proclaims the one who loves Him will be loved by the Father. 

A - The application for me is to receive this message from Jesus to his disciples as if it were to me.  Jesus has atoned for my sins and is seated now on the right hand of the Father, so I am not to be troubled because He is on His throne.  I must be comforted by the fact He has made a way and place in Heaven for me.  The way to that place is through acknowledging him as my Lord and Savior.   While in my earthly flesh, I am to know that Christ dwells in my heart and the Holy Spirit is in me.  

P - Dear heavenily Father thank you for today's devotion , may it be sealed to my heart. Lord I pray that you would help strengthen my faith in you.   I want to believe you are in me and that you are one with the Father.  I pray the Holy Spirit would speak to me so I can hear and know your will for my life.  I pray this all in Jesus Christ name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment