Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Listen and Hear the Lord

​S- Jer 23:17-19 NIV

17 They keep saying to those who despise me,
    ‘The Lord says: You will have peace.’
And to all who follow the stubbornness of their hearts
    they say, ‘No harm will come to you.’
18 But which of them has stood in the council of the Lord
    to see or to hear his word?
    Who has listened and heard his word?

O - These words are from the prophet Jeremiah who was speaking of the many false prophets that existed.  These false prophets would speak from themselves and not from revelation from God.  None of them has stood in council of the Lord to see or hear His word.

A - The application for me is to recognize I need to seek the council of the Lord and listen to hear his word.  Admittedly I have struggled to hear his voice but know when I do hear his words are pure and true.  Even though I desire to hear his voice I think apart of me is still nervous about what He will say.  I should have no fear because there is no condemnation in Christ and his word is sustenance to my soul.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord you would speak to me clearly so I can know and understand your direction for my life.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen

17 17 

No comments:

Post a Comment