Monday, August 29, 2022

Rebuke and discipline

​S-Rev 3:19-22 NIV

19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline.So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come inand eat with that person, and they with me.

21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 Whoever has ears, let them hearwhat the Spirit says to the churches.”

O -  This scripture speaks to the church at Laodicea but speaks to me as well.   It shows God's character and will for his people.   Those whom God loves he doesn't allow them to stay stuck in sin,  he rebukes and disciplines them so they know they need to repent.  They are to stay alert for the Lord will knock on the door of their heart and should run to open and welcome the Lord even in his rebuke.  Through repentance we can turn towards God and find victory in Christ.   The reward is great as we will get to sit to the right of Christ on the throne.

A - The application for me is to listen for the Lord's knocking at the door of my heart and to let him in.   I am to allow him to search my heart and correct and rebuke any unholiness that is in me.  I am to rejoice that Jesus sits with me in my heart and he makes a place for me in heaven next to Him.  

P -  Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you would search my heart and know me,  rebuking any evil or rebellious ways in me.  I welcome you Lord into my heart so that I might have your guidance and direction.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment