Monday, August 8, 2022

Consequences of forsaking the Lord

​S-Jeremiah 2:19 NIV

19 Your wickedness will punish you;
    your backsliding will rebuke you.
Consider then and realize
    how evil and bitter it is for you
when you forsake the Lord your God
    and have no awe of me,”
declares the Lord, the LordAlmighty.

O-There are consequences for forsaking the Lord.  When we live in wicked ways God will punish us in our sin and backsliding He will rebuke us.   This is true and may be the state we live in until we repent of our sins and turn toward Jesus and His redemptive gift.  In sin there is death but in Christ their is everlasting life.

A- The application for me is not to dwell on all the sins of my past but not to live in them either.  I simply need to repent and turn away from them and turn toward Jesus who is my redeemer.  As Paul says I do not do what I wish to do but at times do what is wrong.  I need to not live in this wrong doing but repent and turn away and seek God's face.  

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for your grace and mercy.  I pray this lesson be sealed to my heart and that I come to your feet repentant of all my sin, seeking your ways.  I pray you help me find the right counselor to help in my recovery and that you would send your Holy Spirit to speak to and guide me.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment