Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Serving all with God's love, through his transformation and renewing of the Holy Spirit

S -Tit.3.1-7.nasb
Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed, to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men. For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another. But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

O - Paul writes this because he knows that as those are saved and born again by Christ, there will come a freedom and strength that they had not had before.  There service of one another and love of one another will be evident.  The harder task though will be to continue in their roles in the world, with their vocations, and daily interactions in life, but now they must live differently, as the new creation, even though quite likely their environment hasn't changed.  The temptation will be rebel against the things of the world, or re-succumb to the culture and the temptations.  Paul here exhorts them to be renewed by the Holy Spirit and move forward in Christ.

A - The application for me is to recognize that I have been renewed, and reborn.  I have become zealous for God, and shed myself of many old habits and beliefs; however, I am still called to live in he world and testify to God's love and trans-formative power.  I must remember that I am not to rebel against the authorities and leaders that are over me but rather be live with love and gentleness and righteousness.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your witness to my soul through your word, may this be planted deeply in my heart so that I might love and serve those you have put in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment