Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Rejoice in the Lord, through various trials

S- 1 Peter 1:3-9.nasb
 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls.

O -    Peters letter is a word of encouragement, and a reminder to who we are in Christ.  We who have received salvation from the Lord, receive it in a manner that changes our future for ever, and then we begin growing in the knowledge and understanding of this.   In the process of growing we will face various trials,  and it is here that our faith has a chance to grow and be shown.  The key is that the result is  praise and glory of Jesus is the result.  

A -  The application for me is to turn from my sorrow in these trials I am going through and turn toward Christ, and rejoice in my salvation,  that he chose me , and that though I didn't deserve it , He saved me.  The same goes for my current circumstance, though I don't deserve to be saved from them, He is faithful and true to do so.  I need only to trust in Him, and give Him all the glory for what he is doing in my life, and hopefully encourage others to put their faith in Him.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I thank you for your daily living water which wets my dry and weary soul in this season.  I pray Lord that you would moment by moment ,fill me so I can be an encouragement to others and a witness of your love and grace.  In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment