Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Draw near to God

S - psa.73.18-28.nasb

 Surely You set them in slippery places; You cast them down to destruction. But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord God my refuge, That I may tell of all Your works.

Hebrew-16.nasb
 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

O - I know the word of God is ministering to me very specifically as I seek my way out of the darkness of the season in my head and heart.   Today I am reminded that nearness of God will be my good,  I must continue to find refuge in His word, His spirit, and His ways.  

A-  The psalmist and the author of Hebrews draws the same conclusion, that I need to understand and live.  That Jesus, who represents me to God, who enables me to draw near to God, understands how feel, understands my struggle, and as I draw near to him,seeking his grace and forgiveness for any straying from His path and His ways that I have done, and leaning on not my own understanding, but trusting in His ways to heal and restore me.

P - Dear heavenly Father, Jesus, and your Holy Spirit, my prayer is that you move in me in a mighty way, and I repent of any of the my mistakes that have brought me here, and that I pray for rest and restoration in you in this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment