Tuesday, July 21, 2015

wait patiently on the lord, strengthen my heart

S  James 5:7-9.nasb 
Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. The farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains. You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near. Do not complain, brethren, against one another, so that you yourselves may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing right at the door.

O-  James is speaking to the church at Jerusalem to encourage them how to wait on the lord.  During times of waiting our minds can wander and stray.  We must continue to focus on the honor we have received as being called a child of God.  

A - The application for me is to keep focusing in this season on strengthening my heart, through resting in Him,  through prayer and reflecting on Christ in my life, and lastly for a steadfast dedication to God's word, the bible

P-  Dear heavenly father thank you for your inspired scripture.  Daily I hold onto your word and what the holy spirit is telling me.  I confess it has been a struggle to hear you.  I pray that you would strengthen my heart and guard my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment