Saturday, July 11, 2015

Rely on the Lord

S -isa.10.20.nasb
Now in that day the remnant of Israel, and those of the house of Jacob who have escaped, will never again rely on the one who struck them, but will truly rely on the Lord , the Holy One of Israel.

O - The Lord would have me see that even though there was a breaking down of the nation of Israel and and correction,  there will be a freeing of them as they re-learn to rely on the Lord alone.  It is in their growing independence of God that they went astray and corrections purpose is often simply to correct us back to God.

A - The application for me is to understand that I am being corrected back to God.  My season of exile when complete will leave me once again dependent on Him and in a place peace.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for your wisdom and grace.  I am desperately awaiting to emerge from exile in this season, as I just cling on to you.  I pray Lord that you would restore my heart and mind to you and that my feelings of joy, peace, and confidence in who you are in me would be once again ruling my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment