Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Seek the Lord in my calling

S - Heb.5.4-8.nasb
And no one takes the honor to himself, but receives it when he is called by God, even as Aaron was. So also Christ did not glorify Himself so as to become a high priest, but He who said to Him, "Y ou are M y S on , Today I have begotten You ";
...
In the days of His flesh, He offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His piety. Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered.

O - This is a reminder by Paul to both be humble in your calling and follow Christ example, in serving in that calling.    We are to not strive for the honor we can receive, but allow God to be glorified by our actions, and allow God to give us the calling when and where He knows best.  Christ then exampled the how to walk out the calling in a crying out to God and seeking His ways.

A - The application for me is to trust in God's way, especially as revealed today in His word.  I am no  longer to seek position and authority on my own, but rather seek God and show me the calling.   In this season I need to continue to cry out to him , even in tears of pain and seek His ways.

P -Lord this is the cry of my heart, that you revealing your calling to me today, and in the near future, that you show me the when, where and how I am to serve you.  Today Lord I ask that you guide my words and actions, and renew in me a spirit of your love, your joy and your peace.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment