Monday, July 13, 2015

God's laws written in my heart

S - heb.10.15-17.nasb
 And the Holy Spirit also testifies to us; for after saying, "This is the covenant that I will make with them After those days , says the Lord : I will put My laws upon their heart , And on their mind I will write them ," He then says, "And their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more ."

O - The holy spirit is reminding me how much God has taken out of my hands and put in the hands of Christ, and in the Holy Spirit which lives in me now.  Under the old covenant, we had to learn the commandments, and discipline our bodies to be obedient to them.  Despite even the most disciplined of persons, sin still existed, and sacrifices by priest was not sufficient for full restoration with the Father.   But in Christ's perfect sacrifice we have a high priest who has paid the full price, sits on the throne next to God and represents us, and has sent the holy spirit to keep us on track with a life living for and connected to God.

A - The application to me is recognize that my own self discipline is only able to get me so far.  I at times lean on my own understanding and own strength, and forget about the battle that has already been won for my soul. I should walk in confidence and not condemnation for the victory Christ has had in me.

P - My prayer God is that your Holy Spirit would guard my mind from thoughts are not true and instead remind me of the truths and laws that you have written on my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment