Wednesday, July 15, 2015

focusing on Jesus - the author of our faith

S-heb.12.1-2.nasb
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

O- This is a reminder that I do have so many witnesses of what God can do in and through people whom call Him Lord.  I need to lay aside all the distraction that get in my way of running the race with endurance.   The only way to have endurance to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus.

A -  I have ran the race more like a sprinter , my entire life.   I run to win, but not to endure the long race.  I often get distracted by circumstances in life and forget to focus on what is most important,  looking toward  Jesus in everything so that I can untangle the distractions that draw me away from his purpose.  Today I am struggling to discern what are my distractions, and there fore struggling to run in a way that is lasting.  In this season, I need to fill my tank with the holy spirit, and his word, and look to Jesus the author and perfecter of my faith

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for this devotion this morning.  I pray that you continue to remove the cloud of distraction and doubt from my head, heart, and soul.  I place my trust in your promises and ask that each day you strengthen me to walk in such a way to win the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment