Sunday, July 19, 2015

Discernment of wisdom from above

S - James3:13-18.nasb Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

O -In the season of rest and reflection,  I receive this scripture as worthy of correcting me, in my recent and past walk at work in particular, but even at times at home and in ministry.  Over the years I feel I have gained a particular wisdom.   The conviction comes as to whether my behavior always displayed a gentleness of wisdom.  I am very aware that all things that influence my heart and mind are not of God, and selfish ambition exists at times in my life , and invites earthly wisdom and even evil thoughts.  I am reminded by this scripture that I must be influenced by wisdom from above.  And those seeds of wisdom , sown in peace will bring forth kingdom fruit.

A - The application for me is to reflect (but not dwell) on those ambitions in me that were selfish and those that are from above.  I must weed and untangles the selfish ambitions from who I am and where I find my identity.  I must find my identity and purpose in the person of Jesus Christ.  The wisdom from His teaching, will drive the ambition of my heart after him.   The fruit in my life will be a pure, full of peace, gentle and full of mercy way of walking. 

P - Dear heavenly father, I confess that I have had selfish ambitions that have caused me to plant a seed and grow something inside of me that is not aligned with you.  I repent of these selfish ambitions, and ask for forgiveness and restoration.   I pray for the self control to walk in the peace, gentleness, and mercy of your wisdom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment