Sunday, July 26, 2015

Hang on , God is my deliverer

S - Isaiah 46:3 (NASB)
3"Listen to Me, O house of Jacob,
And all the remnant of the house of Israel,
You who have been borne by Me from birth
And have been carried from the womb;
4Even to your old age I will be the same,
And even to your graying years I will bear you!
I have done it, and I will carry you;
And I will bear you and I will deliver you.
O - This passage is to the people who are being exiled to Bablyon.   You can imagine it is not a joyful time for God's people, but through Isaiah God delivers the consistent message that He is the Father of Jacob (the tribe) and that His promises are true.   Despite the season that God knows they will be going through he delivers the message of hope.

A -  This feels exactly like the truth of my circumstances today.  I am in a valley season, in the land in between , fearful of the exile ahead from a life I once knew, or a  way I once traveled  But God has delivered me the message to hang on and stay close, despite what my circumstances and feelings are telling me.   I have been born again through Christ, who now is my Lord and savior.  His promises are true.

P - The truth of my circumstances is found in you Lord,  I thank you for bringing me back to you in the dry and weary season.  I put my trust in you for my future, and only ask that you lift me up when I can no longer lift myself up.  Help me to love my wife like you love her, help me raise my kids to grow up and know your love and your ways,   help me to make a difference in the kingdom here on earth, until we once again unite in heaven/

No comments:

Post a Comment