Sunday, July 5, 2015

Pay close attention to what you have heard from the Lord

S-heb.2.1.nasb 
For this reason we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away from it.

O -  The Lord highlighted this verse for me today that I might remember what the author of Hebrews is exhorting the people of Jerusalem to do.  The Gospel is freedom in Christ, for all those who receive it.  It is also a new direction for us as we are all a new creation, with a new master.   We must continually remind ourselves and pay attention to the details what  is true in comparison the truth of the Gospel.

A -  There is no doubt of my salvation, I have given my life to Christ, and in the way I know how I am following him, step by step.  I have not yet stopped growing in the understanding of the power of the gospel in my life.  In this season of transition I am in , I am certainly vulnerable to following untrue thoughts in my head as to why my circumstances are what they are or the feelings of the need to escape it all. But then I come back to daily scripture and verse like  this and I am reminded to "pay close attention" to what God has told me through his word, through his spirit during prayer.

P - Dear heavenly father, thank you for maintaining a hold of my life through your word, your spirit, and your son.  Lord daily I struggle, but daily you lift me up, even if just enough for the day, you have been my source and my strength.  

No comments:

Post a Comment