Tuesday, June 30, 2015

guiding the youth

S - Tit.2.6-8.nasb
Likewise urge the young men to be sensible; in all things show yourself to be an example of good deeds, with purity in doctrine, dignified, sound in speech which is beyond reproach, so that the opponent will be put to shame, having nothing bad to say about us.

O - This word to Titus from Paul,  is an exhortation on the youthful Christians at a local church, who are learning to walk the faith.    Youthful energy and exhuberance needs to be captured and exhorted, but also focused and shaped to ensure the witness they bring about in the how they do the work of the ministry is as much a witness as their public proclamation of faith.

A - The application for me is to understand how I might partner with the youth and young adult leaders to instruct, encourage and shape them to be the leaders of God's church.  Specifically for New Hope Manoa the calling to reach the young adults and youth in our community and have a growing connection and love of God.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, help me to apply this scripture to my calling in this season, transfer my heart, and guide my words and actions so that I might be your hands and feet to serve the youth and young adult leaders.  I pray this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment