Thursday, July 2, 2015

Trust in the Lord not in idols of the world

S - Psa.115.4-12.nasb Their idols are silver and gold, The work of man's hands. Those who make them will become like them, Everyone who trusts in them.
... O Israel, trust in the Lord ; He is their help and their shield. O house of Aaron, trust in the L ord ; He is their help and their shield. You who fear the Lord , trust in the Lord ; He is their help and their shield. The Lord has been mindful of us; He will bless us; He will bless the house of Israel; He will bless the house of Aaron.

O - The reminder of the psalmist that those who trust in idols and the work of man will lifeless just like the idols are lifeless.    But as people of God we are to place our trust in the Lord; He is our source and our strength.  

A - The application for me today is to stop ... turn towards God and turn away from the idol in my life my work , my position, my title Navy CDR and put it toward the title child of God, humble servant of the one true God,  humble husband of Abby, father of Ashlyn and Chloe.  

P - Lord, hear my prayer, as I fight to recover from the season past , where I may have put too much of myself into work, and made it an idol in my life.  Lord I do repent, and I will wait patiently  on you as you restore my soul.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment