Friday, July 31, 2015

Cry out to the Lord

S: Psalms 107:19-21.nasb
Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble; He saved them out of their distresses. He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destruction's. Let them give thanks to the Lord for His lovingkindness, And for His wonders to the sons of men!

O - The psalmist likely is telling of God's faithfulness to the people Israel, perhaps about release from their captivity in Egypt.  The words of the psalm affirm our belief that God is with us, He listens to our every cry,  and he delivers His people just by His word.   It is because of this we His people need to give thank to the Lord, and glorify his name.

A -  The application for me is to understand that God hears my cries,   He gives me His word, and is healing me.  I must continue to seek God's face, cry out to Him in these seasons of depression.   I will continue to give Him thanks for the things he has done,and is doing in my life.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your love and kindness.  Thank you for your word, thank you for your spirit in me.  I pray Lord today for a complete removal and protection from word that is not from you , and complete removal of this spirit of depression that resides in me.  I pray all this in Jesus name.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment