Thursday, July 30, 2015

Jesus, the light and life within me.

S - John 1:4-5.nasb
In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

O - In this first chapter from John, we come to understand that Jesus was there in the beginning, and that He is the life and light of all men.   From creation He was with Father and when God created us in His image, he breathed the breath of life and light into us which is spirit of God.  Through years of seperation after the fall , the light was harder to see in us,  but through Christ sacrifice on the cross the fullness of God's light is restored in each and everyone of us.

A -  This scripture was a reminder to me that Jesus is the light in my darkness, and I must understand and embrace that .   I must remember that through dark times His light shines bright, I must seek it within me, and really embrace the understanding that Christ in me , is the life within me.

P -  Lord, thank you for today's word, may it be sealed to my heart.  Lord I am struggling in my own internal darkness, and perhaps even the darkness of my circumstances.  I pray your light we light up my life, and reveal the untruths and your spirit in me would rebuke and reject the untruths and darkness in me.   In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment