Monday, July 6, 2015

Hearing his voice.

S - heb.3.7-9.nasb
Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says, "Today if you hear His voice , Do not harden your hearts as when they provoked Me , As in the day of trial in the wilderness , Where your fathers tried Me by testing Me, And saw My works for forty years.

O - This was a warning to the early church that just like the early church, it would be possible to forget the acts of God that had led to salvation.   In the forgetting the and hardening of peoples hearts the holy spirits still small voice gets harder to hear.

A- This warning is to me to be sure I remember the acts of deep love and restoration the lord has given to me.  Despite my feelings and circumstances to acknowledge his salvation in my life through his son Jesus Christ.  To recognize the precious gift of life and family he has given me, and to recognize how I might stay in tune with the Holy Spirit.

P - Lord this is my prayer that despite my feelings, your spirit would break through and fill my head, heart , mind, and soul,

No comments:

Post a Comment