Tuesday, April 27, 2021

When my spirit grows faint

 S - Psalm 142:1-3, 5-7  (NIV)

I cry aloud to the Lord;
    I lift up my voice to the Lord for mercy.
I pour out before him my complaint;
    before him I tell my trouble.

When my spirit grows faint within me,
    it is you who watch over my way.
In the path where I walk

I cry to you, Lord;
    I say, “You are my refuge,
    my portion in the land of the living.”

Listen to my cry,
    for I am in desperate need;
rescue me from those who pursue me,
    for they are too strong for me.
Set me free from my prison,
    that I may praise your name.
Then the righteous will gather about me
    because of your goodness to me.

Mattew 14

25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.

27 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”

28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”

29 “Come,” he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”

32 And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”


O -  My observation is that the heart of  David is one in which we should emulate.  He bares his soul to the Lord in all circumstances and seeks God's refuge and favor.   He asks the Lord to take care of those that are against him and go before him in all his endeavors.    The passage from Matthew on Jesus walk on water struck me this morning as I examine my own faith.   Oh how I am like Peter, excited to follow Jesus in faith, but then my faith fades and I find myself sinking.   Thankfully Jesus grabs hold of Peter and ensures he did not perish.

A -   The application for me is sit humbly at the feet of Jesus,  confessing my weakness and trusting in  his ability to work all things together for good.     Jesus is telling me to trust in him and don't lean on my own understanding.  I must with all my heart mind and strength cling on to the promises of God.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for this mornings devotions,  may they be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord for help with tough decisions I have in front of me.  I am feeling paralyzed in my thoughts and action and need help getting unstuck.    



No comments:

Post a Comment