Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Hannah's plea to the Lord

 S - 1 Sam 1:9-11 (NASB)

Then Hannah got up after eating and drinking in Shiloh. Now Eli the priest was sitting on the seat by the doorpost of the [b]temple of the Lord. 1She, [c]greatly distressed, prayed to the Lord and wept bitterly. 11 And she made a vow and said, “Lord of armies, if You will indeed look on the affliction of Your bond-servant and remember me, and not forget Your bond-servant, but will give Your bond-servant a [d]son, then I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life, and a razor shall never come on his head.”

O -  I was touched by the story of Hannah here because I can relate to her feeling of despair over a situation she had no control of.  Her womb was closed therefore she had no kids.   Her response though was remarkable, when she went to the temple with her husband she made a vow to the Lord that if she was allowed to have a son she would dedicate him to the Lord all of his days.  The lord answers her prayers and her son becomes a great prophet Samuel.

A - Today I feel lost in direction, purpose and drive as I have financially put myself in a bad position.  I need to follow Hannah's lead and to come humbly before the Lord offering myself as a bond servant to the Lord.  I have made Jesus my Lord and Savior,  now I need to walk that walk.  I thought at times I was, but I know now I have wandered from the path.   

P -  Dear heavenly Father,  I come to you in my devotions to request forgiveness for my wandering away from you.  I know I face the consequences of my own selfishness and I come humbly looking for your wisdom and direction.  I offer my life in service of you wherever you would lead me.  I will make you a part of the moment by moment process of looking for a job and backing out of the financial mess I have gotten myself into.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment