Sunday, April 25, 2021

The family of Christ

S - Matthew 12: 

46 While He was still speaking to the crowds, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. 47 [[an]Someone said to Him, “Look, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak to You.”] 48 But [ao]Jesus replied to the one who was telling Him and said, “Who is My mother, and who are My brothers?” 49 And extending His hand toward His disciples, He said, “Behold: My mother and My brothers! 50 For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother, and sister, and mother.” 

 O -  Jesus was born to Mary and Joseph and fully experienced life like you and me.   But when Jesus started his ministry he was fully the son of God and all of the people that He served and lived with became his family because He was once again reuniting humanity through the sacrifice He would make for all mankind.  He gives us the litmus test that you will know my family because they do the will of the Father.

 A -  The application for me is simple and yet hard.   I am to commit my life to doing God's will daily if not moment by moment.  I can do this because Christ lives in me and the Holy Spirit guides me.  I need to sit at the food of God and seek His will for my life and then obedient follow.

 P -  Dear heavenly Father,  I confess I have had a hard time hearing your voice,  I pray you would speak clearly to your servant for I am listening.   I pray this in Jesus' Christ name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment