Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Passing the test of faith

 S - 2 COR 13:5-6 (NLT)

“Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you; if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith. As you test yourselves, I hope you will recognize that we have not failed the test of apostolic authority.”


O- Paul’s exhortation to the people in the church at Corinth was given to make sure they were appropriately dealing with their sin.  If Jesus Christ is among you, you will pass the test.  If not your faith is not genuine.  This was to make them realize Christ is among them,  He lives in each and everyone who has confessed Christ as Lord and Savior.

A- This test touches on a sensitive area for me .  At times I fall into a trap of second guessing my relationship with Christ.  I know the truth is Christ is in and with me.  He speaks in a familiar voice and comforters me.  He advises and directs me. I need to make sure I am listening to the voice of truth and not to discouraging thoughts or tormenting reminders of my past,  I need to focus on the new creation that I am in Christ.

P-  Lord help me to pass the test ,  be with me.  Make your voice clear and show me the ways I am to go.  I  pray that you heal me  of my depression and fill me with your spirit.   I pray all of this in Jesus name , Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment