Monday, April 19, 2021

Seek God and trust in His ways

 S - Psalm 17:6-8 (NASB)

I have called upon You, for You will answer me, God;
Incline Your ear to me, hear my speech.
Show Your wonderful faithfulness,
Savior of those who take refuge [d]at Your right hand
From those who rise up against them.
Keep me as [e]the apple of the eye;
Hide me in the shadow of Your wings

Psalm 35:9-10 (NASB)

So my soul shall rejoice in the Lord;
It shall rejoice in His salvation.
10 All my bones will say, “Lord, who is like You,
Who rescues the afflicted from one who is too strong for him,
And the afflicted and the poor from one who robs him?”

Matthew 6:19-21, 25-33

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; 21 for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

The Cure for Anxiety

25 “For this reason I say to you, [q]do not be worried about your [r]life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is life not more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the sky, that they do not sow, nor reap, nor gather crops into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more important than they? 27 And which of you by worrying can add a single [s]day to his [t]life’s span? 2And why are you worried about clothing? Notice how the lilies of the field grow; they do not labor nor do they spin thread for cloth, 29 yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! 31 Do not worry then, saying, ‘What are we to eat?’ or ‘What are we to drink?’ or ‘What are we to wear for clothing?’ 32 For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But [u]seek first [v]His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be [w]provided to you.

34 “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will [x]worry about itself. [y]Each day has enough trouble of its own.

O - God is revealing his truth's to us in the old testament psalms of David, and from the Gospels in which Jesus teaches.  Through David we see we are to seek be in the covering and favor of God, not that he doesn't love us already, because He has shown us the greatest love of all by giving His one and only son as a sacrifice that we might have restored relationship with Him.   Knowing this I need to follow Jesus and not focus on the treasures of this world but rather on the relationships he has given me.   I must be willing to give up the treasure I have stored and trust him for His provision.   I need to stop worrying about how I will live, the Lord has his eye on my and even Jesus says worry just about today.

A -  The application for me is to come daily to God with a heart open to listening to what He is asking of me.    I must remember the voice of Jesus and seek to spend time soaking in His truth as these scriptures have shown.   I have cast my cares onto Jesus because I know His yoke is easy and His burden is light.   

P -   My prayer this morning is the Lords prayer that I would embrace the truth in it

Matthew 6

“Pray, then, in this way:

‘Our Father, who is in heaven,
[d]Hallowed be Your name.
10 [e]Your kingdom come.
Your will be done,
[f]On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day [g]our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from [h]evil.[i]

No comments:

Post a Comment