Saturday, April 17, 2021

The Lord is my refuge

 S - Psalm 59:16 (NASB)

But as for me, I will sing of Your strength;
Yes, I will joyfully sing of Your faithfulness in the morning,
For You have been my refuge
And a place of refuge on the day of my distress.
17 My strength, I will sing praises to You;
For God is my refuge, the [t]God who shows me favor.

O - David signs this Psalm out to the Lord in the midst of battles likely with the enemies surrounding Israel or perhaps even amidst the persecution by Saul.  In any case he ask the Lord to take care of his enemies.  David finishes the psalm with a proclamation that he will exalt the name of God and joyfully proclaim God's faithfulness because of what he has already done in his life.  God is David's refuge and he stands comforted in this.

A -  The application for me is to adopt the attitude of David.  I am not to rejoice in my trials but to rejoice in the God who is my refuge.   I am to sing out with my heart a joyful noise  because I get to rejoice in the Lord always,   I get to pray with out ceasing,   I get to be thankful for his goodness and for his grace in my life.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for this reminder,  Lord help it to transform my heart and mind.  Help me to overcome the challenges I am currently facing and to know what the next steps each day, each hour are. I pray this in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment