Thursday, April 15, 2021

The confidence of David

 S - 1 Samuel 17:45-46   (NASB)
45 But David said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a [ab]saber, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of armies, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the Lord will hand you over to me, and I will strike you and remove your head from you.

O -  This is David's response to a much larger and menacing enemy that stood before him.   Because David was a  man after God's own heart,  he had great faith in God's ability to give him the victory.   He recalled his previous experiences with a lion and a bear in which God gave him victory and saw this obstacle that was Goliath as just that, another obstacle God would help move.   

A - The application for me is to encourage myself to have a heart like David.  One that is going after God's plan for my life and facing the obstacles in the way.   I am to encourage myself in the Lord, not because of my strength and skill but because of the grace and power of my God.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's encouragement, may it strengthen my spirit and give me hope and direction.   I thank you for your answered prayers and victories you have already given me and ask that you lead me to the way for my future.  I pray all this in Jesus' name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment