Thursday, April 1, 2021

Offering up Thanksgiving

 S - Psalm 50:14-15   (NASB)

Offer God a sacrifice of thanksgiving
And pay your vows to the Most High;
15 Call upon Me on the day of trouble;
I will rescue you, and you will honor Me.”

O - I am not exactly sure of the context of this Psalm, but found it relatable as I find myself stuck in a tough situation financially.  For reason's of my own doing and lack of self control,  I have started a business that is not of sound and God approved principles.   I need to find a way out and as I read this Psalm recognize that I must offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving,  so that like the scripture says I can be thankful in all things.   

A - So I do I give thanks for my health and for the diagnosis and medicine I have been given for my bipolar condition.  I am thankful for my wife whom God has been ministering to post my infidelity and addiction.  I give thanks for his provision for our home and needs for living.  I confess now though that I have bought a truck and 6 vans that are beyond my means and I need to come up with a plan to put us on more solid financial footing.  I will offer up to the church a one time offering of thanksgiving so that I may call upon the Lord in my trouble and he can rescue me. 

P - Lord I pray that you would show me the way out,   I know it may not be easy and come with sacrifices, but I ask that you show me the way to overcome this deficit in the business. I pray all of this in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment