Sunday, April 4, 2021

The inner self renewed daily

 S - 2 Cor 4: 7-12  (NASB)

But we have this treasure in [e]earthen containers, so that the extraordinary greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves; we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed; 10 always carrying around in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11 For we who live are constantly being handed over to death because of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our mortal flesh. 12 So death works in us, but life in you.

...

16 Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer person is decaying, yet our inner person is being renewed day by day. 17 For our momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, 18 while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

O - I take great encouragement from Paul in this letter to the Corinthians because he approaches his ministry with such great resolve.  He recognizes that the outer self and the inner self are different.  The out self is being bruised and beaten,  but through Christ the inner self was reborn and is strengthened daily.  The inner self is eternal and outer self is temporary. 

A - The application for me is to recognize my outer self has aged and declined over the years.  It is afflicted with diabetes, bipolar, asthma, etc but my inner self has been reborn.  The spirit in me , which is Christ lives and is ready to serve God and witness to His grace and mercy.  The outer self slows and wearies.   I am to not lose heart because the inner man is renewed day by day and will work and testify to the unseen and not the seen. 

P - Dear heavenly father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would encourage me and help me in this season of recovery.   I had lost my way as I followed the thoughts of my illness and put myself and my family in a difficult situation.  I pray that you would help me out of it.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment