Monday, April 5, 2021

The Lords provision

 S - Ruth 2:19-23    (NASB)

 “The name of the man with whom I worked today is Boaz.” 20 Naomi said to her daughter-in-law, “May he be blessed of the Lord who has not withdrawn His kindness from the living and from the dead.” Again Naomi said to her, “The man is our relative; he is one of our redeemers.” 21 Then Ruth the Moabitess said, “[o]Furthermore, he said to me, ‘You are to stay close to my servants until they have finished all my harvest.’” 22 And Naomi said to her daughter-in-law Ruth, “It is good, my daughter, that you go out with his young women, so that others do not assault you in another field.” 23 So she stayed close by the young women of Boaz in order to glean until the end of the barley harvest and the wheat harvest. And she lived with her mother-in-law.

O - I am observing how Naomi and Ruth where able to make a living by working day to day from merely gleaning from the fields of Boaz during the harvest.  God's provision is often like that especially in our darkest times,  He provides for us day to day until His bigger plan for us.  Ruth despite her circumstances, a widow staying with her mother in law who was also a widow.   She did not give up though and when invited to continue to glean from Boaz's harvest she was staying close as her mother instructed. It was out of this closeness God's plan for Boaz to redeem them and take care of both Ruth and Naomi that God's provision for them was finally revealed.

A -  The application for me is that though I am not in a situation as dire as theirs was that I must seek out the Lord's provision just the same.   I know I am in my circumstances because of my own doing but I must put my trust in the Lord to provide for me and my family.  I must look for whatever little I can make to continue to support my family and until his provision becomes more clear. 

P - Dear heavenly Father I am asking for your grace and mercy on my financial situation that I might be able to once more provide for my family and not live worrying about how I will pay my future bills.  I pray that you would help me soon so I don't default on my debt.   I humbly sit before you awaiting your answer and direction.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment