Wednesday, April 14, 2021

The Lord looks at the heart

S - 1Sam 16:7 (NASB)


But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for [d]God does not see as man sees, since man looks at [e]the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

O - This occurs as Samuel was given the assignment to anoint the next favored King to replace Saul.  He had gone to the house of Jesse and asked to see all his sons.   Then the Lord shows Samuel that he is not looking for a tall , strong King to do battle for Israel but rather He is looking at the heart of the individual.   And so it is with us,  the Lord looks at us by looking at our hearts.  Are they like David and are after God or are they like Saul and will favor the peoples wishes instead of God's commands.

A - The application for me is to guard my heart.   When my heart and mind start chasing things of this world wanting favor of people instead of favor of God,  I need to make a heart correction.   The truth is,  I have and do wander, but God has been faithful to give us Jesus to reconcile our wandering and correct our hearts and restore the relationship.   For 1 John 1:9 - if we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our since and cleanse us from all unrighteousness"  

P-  Lord thank you for caring so much about what is in my heart.   I have sinned against you but confess and turn away from my sins of greed and sexual appetite.  Thank you for your cleansing of my heart and your grace.   Lord lead my  heart in the way it should go from here out.  I am your humble servant and only wish to serve you and my family well.  I pray all this in Jesus' name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment