Friday, April 23, 2021

Keeping our eyes toward God

 S - Psalm 141:8-10


For my eyes are toward You, [e]God, the Lord;
In You I take refuge; do not [f]leave me defenseless.
Keep me from the [g]jaws of the trap which they have set for me,
And from the snares of those who do wrong.
10 May the wicked fall into their own nets,
While I pass by [h]safely.


O -  David the psalmist communicates so clearly his dependence and even desperation to have God on his side.  He faced many trials and mountain top moments and in the all he always came back to the Lord.   I recognize in David a close relationship with the Lord and his mind focuses on God and he takes refuge in Him.

A - The application for me is to seek desperately the face of God and to pray like David did.  Lord I will lift my eyes toward you and trust in your understanding of my circumstances.  For I know you have plans for me, plans for my future and a hope.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, I am desperate for your presence and your strength.  I pray you help me to walk out today each step I am relying on you to be my strength and shield.   I pray all this in Jesus' name,  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment