Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Present your request to God

 S- Psalm 31:2-5 (NASB)

In You, Lord, I have taken refuge;

Let me never be [a]put to shame;
In Your righteousness rescue me.
Incline Your ear to me, rescue me quickly;
Be a rock of [b]strength for me,
[c]stronghold to save me.
For You are my rock and my fortress;
For the sake of Your name You will lead me and guide me.
You will pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me,
For You are my strength.
Into Your hand I entrust my spirit;
You have redeemed me, Lord, God of [d]truth.
...
I will rejoice and be glad in Your faithfulness,
Because You have seen my misery;
You have known the troubles of my soul,
And You have not handed me over to the enemy;
You have set my feet in a large place.

Psalm 54
Save me, God, by Your name,
And [c]vindicate me by Your power.
Hear my prayer, God;
Listen to the words of my mouth.

O - David writes these psalms possibly when Saul is chasing him or when he later is fighting against Israel's enemies like the Philistines.  David always has such a great way of yearning for God's covering.  For David God is his place of refuge ,  a place to run to when life around him feels uncertain and perilous.  He knows God and God speaks to him,   he is able to remember those times in the past where God has rescued him and rely on Him that He will once again save him.   

A - The application for me is to posture my heart like David did.   Remember that God has got me through many of my past troubles and faithful rescued me from what was perilous times.  The Lord is reminding me I am free and forgiven , no longer weighed down by the weight of my sin; it is from this place that I can present my request to God and the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard my heart and mind.   Not only that He will work all things together for good. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for this mornings word.  Though I have feelings and thoughts I struggle with I am thankful for your mercy and love.  I pray that you guide my steps today and speak clearly to me as I walk out the rest of my day.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment