Saturday, April 3, 2021

David's line finds favor forever

 S -  Psalm 89    (NIV)

I will establish his line forever,
    his throne as long as the heavens endure.

30 “If his sons forsake my law
    and do not follow my statutes,
31 if they violate my decrees
    and fail to keep my commands,
32 I will punish their sin with the rod,
    their iniquity with flogging;
33 but I will not take my love from him,
    nor will I ever betray my faithfulness.

O - From this Psalm we see God establishing the line of David as an eternal line for His people to come from.   It is the line which Jesus comes from and become our eternal connection to the line of God.  But God knowing, even David and his children will fall short promises to punish the inequity but never separate or remove his love from David's line.   And so we live in this promise that God has made through this Psalm by David, always loved, but always corrected.

A -   I know I am loved by my Father in heaven, despite my inequity.   My mistakes have consequences and I am living some of them now, especially financially.  I have never not had the love of the Father though.  His corrections are just and his love is abundant.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord for your forgiveness for my inequities and I pray that you would reveal to me your plan for me in terms of my calling and my vocation.  I pray that your would heal my marriage fully and show me how to love truly my wife and serve you in my vocation.   I pray all this in Jesus' name, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment