Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Gracious refuge of God

 S -  Psalm 57: 1-2  (NASB)
Be gracious to me, God, be gracious to me,
For my soul takes refuge in You;
And in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge
Until destruction passes by.
I will cry to God Most High,
To God who accomplishes all things for me.

O -  David consistently cries out to God in troubled times because He knows the heart of God and knows that if he seeks God's face the Lord will provide a covering and a comfort.  This psalm was written even as David was hiding in the cave from Saul, when Saul wandered in.   Now David could have killed Saul then but showing great humility and trust in God did not harm the Lord's anointed one in Saul (though David had since been anointed by Samuel but not yet taken the throne).   

A -  I believe God worked all things together for good in the case of David.   He had been anointed but still was persecuted by Saul.   David did not take the attitude of entitlement but instead took the attitude of humbleness and desperately sought God's covering.    The same goes for me I need to desperately seek God's blessing and covering.   I need to pray for His gracious treatment of me in this time of high anxiety over my finance and employment.   

P - Dear heavenly Father , I come to you once again, desperate for relief from the anxiety and circumstances I find myself in.  I know you love me and have your eye on me,  I ask that you take this burden from me and help me to transition to the next phase of recovery from my manic period.  I ask you to lift this anxiety from me and show me the people to reach out to and jobs to apply for.  I pray all this in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment