Saturday, April 24, 2021

God's unfailing love

 S - Psalm 109:22-27 (NASB)

But you, Sovereign Lord,
    help me for your name’s sake;
    out of the goodness of your love, deliver me.
22 For I am poor and needy,
    and my heart is wounded within me.

23 I fade away like an evening shadow;
    I am shaken off like a locust.
24 My knees give way from fasting;
    my body is thin and gaunt.
25 I am an object of scorn to my accusers;
    when they see me, they shake their heads.

26 Help me, Lord my God;
    save me according to your unfailing love.

27 Let them know that it is your hand,
    that you, Lord, have done it.

With my mouth I will greatly extol the Lord;
    in the great throng of worshipers I will praise him.
31 For he stands at the right hand of the needy,
    to save their lives from those who would condemn them.

Matthew 11:28-29

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


O -  David psalms once again speak to my feelings about my own.   He faced trials in the many years before he became King as he was a exile in the the land of Ziglag.   During these times I can see him pleading to the Lord "Help me, save me according to your unfailing love.  He put his trust there in the Lord.    In the second passage from Matthew we see Jesus telling those that will follow him,  come to him and He is gentle and humble in heart and will give rest for their souls.   When we follow Jesus His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

A -  The application for me is to remember daily to plea to the lord for his unfailing love to cover me and help me fight the battles that I have to fight.   If I will present my request to Him , his peace will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus.    

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's word from you to me.  I pray that I would be granted the strength and conviction to accept you love and grace, and to move forward each day with confidence in you as my lord and savior.  I pray all this in Jesus' name, Amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment