Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Cleanse myself of all defilement

 S -  2 Cor 7:1  (NASB)

Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let’s cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

O - The spirit of the Lord spoke to me that this is to be my attitude in this season.  Recognizing I have been promised the Lord is with me as I have accepted Christ into my heart and made Him my Lord and Savior,  I should desire to cleanse myself from ALL defilement of my flesh and spirit and work towards perfecting His holiness in me through the good and perfect fear of the Lord.

A - The application for me is not to seek perfection but recognized the perfect one dwells in me and as such I should want to offer Him a dwelling clean and clear of defilement.  I chased desires of my flesh both sexually and wealth wise and it led me to a bad place.  I know need to live a clean life free from the entanglements of the flesh and in service of God, and my family.   I pray all this in Jesus name.

P - This is my hearts prayer Lord that you would ignite the creative part of me that you designed and give me thoughts and ways that are better than my ways.   I want to be active in the service of you and of the girls you have put in my life.   I pray Lord for your favor that I might do so without the depression and anxiety that comes from relying on myself.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment